Thursday, May 29, 2008

THURSDAY NIGHT SEASON FINALE....

Steviewren( A little Birdie told me so) has once again inspired another post...It seems we share a fascination with the television show, LOST. I mentioned on her blog that we are PBS watchers over here at the Tea Society homefront and apart from CSI Las Vegas, we really don't watch network television. However, we do watch LOST and we are hooked on this show. It can get very complicated so we stopped trying to understand the ever changing plot and resigned to just be entertained for an hour every Thursday night. So, tonight, you will be able to find me firmly planted in the parlor, in my favorite chair, with a bowl of roasted peanuts ready to watch the two hour season finale of what I think is the most entertaining show on network television...I know Steviewren will be watching...

(Actor Henry Ian Cusick stars as Desmond Hume, my favorite character on the show. And I might add, a very handsome one at that:)


7 comments:

Lavinia said...

Rebecca, I have heard alot about this show but have never watched it. I so rarely watch tv, and when I do, its nearly always a video I pop in, some old movie or another.

I like your attitude toward plot---who cares if you can follow it or not--- don't let it get in the way of enjoyment.

I have to say, that actor Ian is one very handsome man. THere is a somewhat saturnine quality to his appearance...he reminds me of a young Ciaran Hinds (I am a big fan of his).

That photo of him against the blue sea, looking so rugged...makes me sorry I don't watch the show!

Rebecca said...

Same here Lavinia, but this show just grabbed us from the beginning. H-Cusick being on the show certainly helps! His character is,IMO, the most likable one on the show and with the least flaws( apart from commitment issues..LOL!!) He is a fine actor and he portrayed Christ in the movie, "The Gospel of John." It was very faithful to the Gospel account and his performance was very moving.

Dorothy said...

Rebecca, we watched this in the beginning but I suppose we are not big network television folks either...It does look interesting and your favorite actor does seem reason enough to watch the show...but sigh...perhpas it is to late :)

Tess Kincaid said...

Rebecca,

I have just nominated you as one of the five blogs that make my day. Go to my site for further information. Congratulations! :)

Tess Kincaid said...

I feel a little "lost" among all these Lost fans!

I love, love, love your new header, BTW! :)

steviewren said...

I cannot imagine how the writers will end this show. It is so complicated. I can't think of how they can possibly tie up all of the loose ends. Heck, if I was one of the writers I would need an excel spreadsheet to keep up with all the twists the show has taken.

Enjoy your peanuts! I've got to run make a bowl of popcorn.

Betsy Brock said...

Never watched Lost, but love all the CSI's :)

BTW...thanks so much for your kind encouragement to me on my site today. xo