Thursday, May 08, 2008

A LOVE AFFAIR WITH EARL GREY LAVENDER...

Last year when I was looking for teas to serve at Tea Society events, I came across Revolution’s Earl Grey Lavender. Granted, I’m somewhat picky when it comes to tea (and tea bags in particular) so I skeptically bought a box at Kroger and brought it home to test…I honestly wasn’t expecting much but I was instantly impressed with the lovely aroma and infuser bags. I knew that this would give a truer loose leaf taste so I put the kettle on for my first cup. To say it was love at first taste would be a vast understatement… It was everything you expect in Earl Grey and then some! I served it at our Gardener’s Tea last June and the ladies are all hooked on this lovely tea… Earl Grey Lavender is a blend of Ceylon, Oolong and Darjeeling estate tea leaves which have been lightly flavored with Oil of Bergamot with the wonderful combination of super blue lavender which creates a delicious sweet tea. I recommend Earl Grey Lavender in the morning at noontime or at night and did I mention that the aroma is heavenly?

11 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

We're always looking for a new favorite flavor of tea. I will definitely put this on my Kroger list. Sounds perfect! And the way you have it pictured here makes it irresistable! :)

Tess Kincaid said...

Sounds heavenly, Rebecca. And your tea still life photos are beautiful. Love the sweet little willow teapot. The cup and saucer remind me of some Czech pieces I have. Is that a clematis? Mine aren't nearly blooming yet...can't wait!

Rebecca said...

Besty, it's a great tea blend and the aroma while it's steeping is amazing...Let me know what you think when you get some...Thank you for the very kind compliment.

Rebecca said...

Willow, thank you so much! Your photos are so amazing that I truly am honored by that comment....The flower is Columbine and it's presently blooming in the garden. I was going to photograph the entire plant but alas, it's raining cats and dogs out there at the moment...The Blue willow Tea po was a nice little Ebay purchase:-) The tea cup/saucer was a birthday gift last year from one of the Tea Society members. It's Royal Blue Ironstone/ Enoch Wedgwood.

Dorothy said...

Oh my ....it sounds simply divine ..I love your presentation..I've read above about the lovely flower, tea pot and cup and saucer...nicely done post..very elegant Rebecca...

Lavinia said...

This tea sounds like one that I'd definitely like. Earl Grey is already an afternoon favourite of mine, and the addition of lavender is intriguing. I've tried lavender cookies before, and liked them.

I will keep an eye out for this tea here in Canada. There are a few specialty tea shops that I can phone and ask...

If I find it, I'll let you know what I think....I'm sure I'll enjoy it!

Thanks for letting me know about it.

Regards,
Lavinia

Rebecca said...

Thank you so much, Deedee...I hoped the pictures would turn out OK.

Rebecca said...

Lavinia, Yummy..Lavender cookies..I've never tried them but would love to nibble on one or two or three...LOL!!!

Betsy Brock said...

My Columbine up here is just about to open. I have pink, white and this dark blue that you have in your picture. Can't wait...it's one of my favorites! Yes, the whole plant would be beautiful to photograph...but not when it's pouring rain! :)

Rebecca said...

Besty, did yours reseed? I have Columbine popping up all over the place! I'll try to get out there and get a picture today. The sun is trying to come out this morning so perhaps it will dry out in the garden a bit.

Mmm said...

I love your pictures here. Charming. I have to confess, I guess it's from my upbringing but I really don't like anything floral or fruity in my tea--jsut give me straight up black black tea (English Breakfast type blends here--but super strong ones) and then some milk and sugar. Anyway, you almost make it sound good--the smell alone would be enticing as are many of the teas I'm not so wold about but can smell all day long.