Tuesday, December 01, 2009

MY 200th POST

To help commemorate today's 200th post here at the Tea Society, I will have a special drawing to announce a winner of some wonderful Tea-related items. Just post a response to this entry, over the next few days, and I will announce the name of the winner on Friday! You have until midnight EST on Thursday to enter your name. This is just a very small token of gratitude to followers of the Tea Society, for allowing me to share my love of historic tea culture with the entire world. Thank you for the indulgence.

Below is just a glimpse of one of the teas included in the package...There will be a special Ladies' Historical Tea Society Blend also included. Be sure to specify loose leaf or teabags with your post...Good Luck!

I'll see most of you later at Christmas Tea with Mr. Toast, and will be posting my attire for this splendid event, later today.



The Kentucky Blend from Perryville's very own Elmwood Inn is a blend of black Chinese teas from Yunnan. "This full-bodied tea is a wonderful cup for breakfast or afternoon tea." It calls to mind a morning walk in the misty Kentucky countryside, among the stone walls and Thoroughbred farms.



13 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

That sounds like a lovely tea. Congratulations on your milestone achieved, 200th post hooray.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Hearty congratulations on your 200th post. Yours is such a lovely place to visit!

Betsy Brock said...

Well, congratulations on your 200th post! How fun! The giveaway is a wonderful idea! Count me in!
And see you later today! :)

Kass said...

Congrats on your 200ht post.. Don't ya know I just LOVE Kentucky.. try to hit the Derby every year... See you later tonight- got to get my hair crimped..

Michael said...

Mmm...it sounds exotic! What great giveaway and congrats on no. 200! Wow.

Well, do tell us all when you arrive at the Tea so we can be sure to spot you in our attire. I'm sure you will have a hat to go with it, no?! :)

Anonymous said...

I was not aware of this tea. But there are a lot I don't know about. I would love some to try, and prefer the bags. Congratulations on your 200th post. I just celebrated my one year blogiversary. Had 300 post. Love your tea outfit. My favorite tea is Licorice Spice.
QMM

Charm and Grace said...

Congratulations on your 200th post, Rebecca! That is amazing. I haven't quite made it to 200, yet, but then I have had a few blogging breaks along the way. I am enjoying your Aspen Trip! I recognized the picture from House of Eliott immediately... one of my favorite BBC series. Oh the clothes in that one! Your other fashion pics are beautiful... and love the hats!

Happy traveling,
Christi

ChaChaneen said...

Congratulations my beautiful friend! Wow, 200 posts already? Time goes quickly doesn't it? Things really took off for you last year and look at the following you have already. I just lurve visiting, listening to the music, seeing what your reading on the book shelf ~ gotten great ideas from that ~ and the historical things you share. You make it fun!

Oooh if I'm the lucky winner, I'd enjoy the loose leaf tea please. :o)

By the way, the new banner picture is perfect!

FireLight said...

Thank you for the the Churchill quote...I think his birthday was on Monday...Nov 30th. Congratulations on your 200th post. I am one away from 50...ta dah! lovely blog and a place perfect for those of us who love TEA!!!
Wasn't that event in Aspen just the best? So much fun, laughter, and delicious food!

Michael said...

I thought i had posted somethign here, but again, thank you for being a lovely delightful guest. you dinner party was fab, although I did miss it, and your presence a fresh breeze.

ZipZip said...

Dear Rebecca,

I sign up in support...but hope that another name is drawn since I shall see you Saturday, and very looking forward to it!
Happy 200,
Natalie

Marlena said...

Wow, 200 of them! As a blogging newbie, I am impressed and this is very generous of you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rebecca...200 posts! You bring such an elegant touch to the blog world. Keep on posting!