Wednesday, September 24, 2008

DELICIOUS PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE


Ingredients:
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
3 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp allspice
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup oil
1 16 oz can of pumpkin
2/3 cup of water
4 eggs
1 cups raisins (optional)
½ cup nuts (optional)

Mix everything together and bake in greased loaf pans in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Fill the loaf pans about ½ full of batter. To test the bread: insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf and if it comes out clean, it is done. Do not over bake as that will dry out the bread.

This is wonderful served with Yorkshire Gold, Darjeeling or English/Irish Breakfast. Enjoy!

12 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

I love pumpkin bread! A little deli close to where I worked many years ago sold 2 pieces together with cream cheese in the center. It was heavenly!

Tess Kincaid said...

My mouth is watering! Thanks for the recipe. I'm taking it back to the Manor! Perfect fall treat!! :^)

Kelli said...

This recipe looks and sounds delicious. It's a keeper! Thanks Rebecca! Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs,
Kalianne

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

One of my favorite things in the world. And, you've listed my three favorite teas!! Yum!!

Rebecca said...

Betsy and Willow, It is perfect for these cooler evenings and mornings and wonderful with softened cream cheese spread on a slice:^)

Rebecca said...

Kalianne, Thanks! Enjoy yours as well...

Rebecca said...

Pamela,

It's perfect with any of the teas mentioned and they are among my favorites as well. The only one missing is Earl Grey which is at the top for me...

Barb said...

Ooooh, it smells yummy !!!

Rebecca said...

Barb, I have no doubt that Lizzie would love to get her paws on a nice thick slice:^)

I love seeing that great picture... What a sweetie!..

Lavinia said...

Rebecca are you reading my mind? I was just thinking that I must find a recipe for pumpkin bread!

This looks and sounds delicious and easy. Add this to my 'to do' list this weekend....

Thank you.

Rebecca said...

Lavinia,

Love the new picture!

It's a great and very easy recipe..So moist:-)..

Lavinia said...

I just noticed the suggestion at the end of your post, on which tea to drink with this bread. I think I will enjoy the Darjeeling (a favourite of mine).