Thursday, September 11, 2008

ANOTHER FUN TAG FROM WILLOW!



I've been tagged by Willow to list "6 Unspectacular Quirks"
about myself. I've got tons of them but I'll try and narrow this down a bit.

1. I have been obsessed with rocking chairs for as long as I remember. If I'm in a room with one I have to seize it and rock away. I also used to rock back and forth when I would listen to music. My son does this, too and we catch ourselves laughing about this quirk.

2. Feet annoy me!...If a person touches me with their feet I get very antsy. Call it a foot phobia but I can't stand another person's feet even brushing against me.

3. You'll probably never catch me in blue jeans. I hate wearing them and they make me very uncomfortable.

4. I'm a bit OCD...I recheck locked doors and other appliances over and over again. I also wash my hands constantly.

5. I have to wear lipstick or I feel naked and get quite irritable.

6. I can't get enough of "Ghost Stories!" We believe our house to be haunted and though I've never seen any apparitions, there have been more than a few strange occurrences here. We smell lilacs and roses in February and my husband always smells cigarette smoke yet we have a smoke-free home.


There you have it...Some quirks about me...Now, I'm tagging Lavinia, Betsy, Kalianne, Natalie, and MMM.....

10 comments:

Lavinia said...

Ha! Hi Rebecca...I didn't know that you had tagged me tho' I was here yesterday, I hadn't checked in yet today. Your quirks are funny and charming. With the feet...I don't blame you....I'm like that in a way about ears, I can't stand anyone or anything to touch my ears....

Quaint about the rocking chair...and for the lipstick, I know a few people like you, they feel naked without it. I usually have to have balm or gloss on my lips, otherwise they feel dry...

Betsy Brock said...

You and Willow are making my lips feel naked!

Tess Kincaid said...

We have similar quirks!! I never wear jeans, either! I hate them. And, tee-hee, I'll keep my tootsies to myself! LOL!

You must blog on some of your strange occurrences sometime!

Marco Polo...I haven't thought of that game in ages! We used to play it in swimming pools, did you?

Kelli said...

Oh Rebecca, feet really annoy me too! At last, someone who understands!

I could never work in a shoe shop or as a podiatrist. I don't like being touched by feet, I take exception to naked feet (except at the beach), or seeing the soles of other people's feet facing me (whether shoed or not) and especially dislike it when people pick at their feet. I promise otherwise that I'm easy going, and not generally prejudiced. There's just something about feet I don't like.

I keep a cabinet full of foot powders, anti-bacterial sprays, treatment creams, clippers and files to keep my feet presentable for the odd sandaled occasion when they might be seen. He He! what a silly quirk!

I've posted some of my other little oddities (bravely). Thanks for tagging me! It has been fun!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

My husband has a remarkable collection of ghost stories. The book variety that is. He sometimes reads them aloud to me at night. We heard a ghost one night when we were staying in a 16th century manor house in Cornwall, but haven't ever seen one.

steviewren said...

Rebecca, your attraction to rocking brought to my mind the fact that I rock myself when I am in pain. I don't know why, I just feel compelled to do it when I am hurting. I also reapply my lipstick often during the day.

Rebecca said...

Lavinia, I just read yours and they're great!


Betsy, it's really funny about lipstick but I'm adamant about wearing it at all times. I'm about as bad about mascara:-(

Rebecca said...

Willow, I figured we would share some of these....I'm thinking of blogging about the Ghost Stories around Halloween:-)...

Kalianne, you had me rolling over the foot powder..You are such a kindred spirit! My husband teases me relentlessly about this phobia...LOL!!

Rebecca said...

Pamela, I'd love to hear more about the ghost in Cornwall! That sounds very interesting:-)


Steviewren, I just caught myself rocking a short time ago..LOL!! I don't know that I'll ever "grow out" of this quirk ;-)...

Mmm said...

Oh, do I ahve ghost stories my family could tell you--real ones. Very, very scary too actaully. I suspect they were apparaitions fomr another dimension of deceptive angels--defintely not as good as they might have first appeared.

I don't usually do tags as I forget abou them but will try this one at some point.

How does your husband mange to avoid not rubbing your feet by mistake when sleeping? Watch out!