Thursday, July 10, 2008

TEA OF THE WEEK: STASH'S CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT TEA


With the aroma of chocolate and hazelnut richly permeating from the kitchen when making this tea, it's easy to discover why this could fast become not only a favorite dessert tea but also a delectable way to satisfy your sweet tooth without all the calories and guilt. I usually drink hot tea with no sugar and rarely with milk but this delicious tea demands a little milk and a cube of sugar( or Splenda if you must) and you will then have one of the most aromatic and delicious flavored teas that your taste buds will have the pleasure of meeting. I also added a nice cube of Dove dark chocolate to nibble on, just to really enhance the chocolate effect. Tea and chocolate mesh quite well together yet most of us tend to think of coffee and chocolate over tea.

Stash's Chocolate Hazelnut is made with 100% all natural ingredients. It is a naturally decaffeinated black tea with natural chocolate, vanilla nut, and hazelnut flavors. Contains: peanuts and hazelnuts.


The History of Stash Tea Company:
( From www.stashtea.com)
The Stash Tea Company is a privately-held company headquartered in Tigard, Oregon, a suburb of Portland. Founded in 1972, Stash Tea originally operated out of an old Portland Victorian style house, supplying loose herbal teas and bulk herbs to natural food stores. Starting in 1975, the company broadened its focus to include bagged teas and then began to sell a full line of traditional, specialty blend and herbal teas directly to fine restaurants and through a mail order catalog to consumers. Today, Stash Tea is enjoying steady growth and has become one of the largest specialty tea companies in the United States, with products available through foodservice, grocery stores, tea and coffee shops, club stores, mass merchandisers, natural foods stores, mail order and the Internet. Stash Tea is also available in Canada and in several foreign countries.
The company derives its name from an entertaining aspect of tea folklore. In earlier centuries, tea was a valuable commodity traditionally transported by clipper ship. The ship's captain often was presented with some of the finest teas for his personal use. This supply was his "stash," stowed carefully as his "private reserve." Today, the term still is used to denote anything put away carefully because of its preciousness.

6 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

This does look like a perfect dessert tea! After drinking coffee all day, I do enjoy a cup of tea after dinner with my non-coffee-drinking husband, It's a wonderful change...and we must try this one soon! I love the way you have it presented here, too...the Dove cube is the perfect accompaniment! yum!

Lavinia said...

How unusual. One does associate chocolate and hazelnut with coffee, but the tea sounds intriguing. I simply *must* track down a specialty tea shop in my town to have a sporting chance at finding the great teas you post about, including the Stash brand mentioned here. I find tea without sugar very refreshing.

You've presented your tea in this photo beautifully. Hmmm, what shall we have first, Rebecca...the hazelnut chocolate tea or the Poire William? tee hee...

Tess Kincaid said...

We drink tons of tea here at the Manor. I love hot tea year round and WT enjoys it as much, if not even more, than I do.

Chocolate AND tea?! Two of my favorite things...who whould have thought. I must try this! I'm adding it to my weekend shopping list.

Rebecca said...

Ladies, it really is a wonderful tea. I've been drinking it since Sunday and with every consumed cup I've followed with a quite audible YUM!!!!!!...

Dorothy said...

Oh Rebecca...busy with my Mom...getting little chances now and then to blog....I can practically smell this lovely tea.....What woman doesn't enjoy chocolate? :)Best wishes...Dee Dee

Mmm said...

what an odd mix! I can't imagine it. Being still English, I think I will stick with regular back tea ...with milk and sugar, thank you very much! :)