7 FAVORITE SUMMER TUNES
I've been tagged by Willow for a fun favorite summer music list. Here’s how it
goes…List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what
the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any
good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping
your summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with
your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what
they’re listening to. Here's my list and I'll be tagging some in the blogosphere in the AM.
1. The Mummer’s Dance: Loreena Mckennitt This is one of my favorite songs and one that I never grow tired of listening to. Just this weekend my daughter kept amused by watching and listening to the live rendition on Nights from the Alhambra. This was an amazing concert performance. Loreena McKennitt, to me at least, has the voice of an angel; a hypnotic one at that.
2. Heart To Heart: Kenny Loggins- ...I love Kenny Loggins’ music and had a massive crush on him when this song came out in the very early 80’s. I get nostalgic in the summer and love to listen to songs from my youth and this was and still is a favorite. From the CD, High Adventure, which will forever be near my car stereo. .
3. Moonlight: Sting- Another musician that I had and still have a major crush on. I just re-watched the 90’s version of Sabrina the other night and can’t get this song out of my head. Sting is like a fine wine, IMO, he keeps getting better with age.
4. Je Cherce Un Homme: Eartha- Dee Dee had this on her blog and so does the Iron Gate web site. It’s so infectious that I’ve been humming this for months.
5. Dancing Queen: Abba- It must be because I keep seeing commercials for Mama Mia which is opening in theaters very soon...Love this song!
6. Someone to watch over me: Ella Fitzgerald- This has been on the blog playlist since early spring and still love to listen to it.
7. Strange Magic: We listened to ELO’s Greatest Hits when we were traveling to South Carolina last month and this song always makes me turn up to volume.