Wednesday, April 02, 2008

FROM THE GARDEN TO THE FOYER....





Tuesday morning I strolled out to the garden to survey the spring buds and blooms. I love to check the progress of the lilacs, tulips, and wisteria. I could smell the sweet scent of the jonquils before I actually saw them and when I walked through our little courtyard I was met with a sea of gold, cream, and white. Oh, how that makes my senses dance! I promptly returned to the house and left my ten year old son instructions to keep an eye on his sister, grabbed the camera and pruning shears then headed out to collect a nice spring bouquet. The result is what you see at the end of our foyer when you enter our front door. It's a very simple little arrangement but it just makes me smile.

4 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Just popping over to your lovely place for a wee spot of tea! (Your new header is gorgeous.) And I also have a weakness for beautiful old books!! Brenda Blethyn is a great actress...she's a stitch in Pride and Prejudice. I like her even more now that I know she collects antiques.

It's still fairly cold up here. My daffodils are up, but not blooming yet. After seeing yours, I have much to look forward to.

I am so enjoying your blog!

Lavinia said...

Rebecca, your daffodils are just lovely. It will be many weeks before the daffodils sprout here. But what really struck me about your post today was the remarkably lovely prose. It's so poetical! Reading it, felt like I was reading a beautiful poem, that infused me with feelings of the beauty of spring. I especially love this: "I could smell the sweet scent of the jonquils before I actually saw them and when I walked through our little courtyard I was met with a sea of gold, cream, and white. Oh how that makes my senses dance!"

Thank you Rebecca.

Dorothy said...

Rebecca...your daffodils made me smile as well...I do so miss lovely spring flowers...I'm afraid that flower bulbs do not like the sandy soil of Florida...From your description, I found myself in the courtyard...Thank you for such a sweet visit to your garden..Dee Dee

Rebecca said...

Good morning, Dee.

I'm glad they made you smile. You're always welcome in the garden.