Monday, August 10, 2009

THE TEA SOCIETY IS BACK!



As summer winds down and autumn grows near the tea society will be back in full swing. I have missed this blog and am delighted to be back. This summer was a wonderful time for me and my family and we had a great holiday in South Carolina and just spending time with one another before the hectic day to day routine of school and work begins in September. I wanted to return to the blog refreshed and ready to begin another year of blogging. With that said, I want to share a photo of my latest purchase along with mention of a delightful tea cookie company.

I found this charming little vintage tea pot at a shop called B and B antiques in the North Myrtle Beach area. There is no marking on the tea pot to reveal the manufacturer but it was so pretty and elegant that I decided to add it to my collection. Positioned in front of the tea pot is an offering of wonderful pecan tea cookies displayed on a tiny little white English Meakin dish. The tea cookies are from a wonderful Summerville, South Carolina based company called Southern Sisters. I look so forward to purchasing the dainty thin and delicious cookies on our annual jaunt to the Historic Market on Church Street in Charleston. The cookies are made from a handmade mix and they use all natural ingredients. This year I got an assortment of old fashioned ginger snaps, pecan, chocolate chip, and my favorite, lemon coolers dusted with a delicious powdery sugar coating. The benne wafers are also delicious and worth a sampling as well.

To learn more about the history of, and purchasing information for, Southern Sisters, please visit their website at http://www.southernsistersbakers.com/index.html . With no further ado, put the kettle one, pour a cuppa your favorite tea and enjoy these delicious treats, and welcome back to all the lovely followers of the Tea Society Blog.

9 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Good to see you have returned! I look forward to many more beautiful posts from you this autumn!!

ChaChaneen said...

Glad to see you back from your summer hiatus too! Only a few weeks for us before school starts here too... sigh... where does the time go? Someday I want to visit the Carolina states, everytime I see a movie filmed there, I want to go even MORE!

Your new addition to the teapot family is lovely!

Thanks for the bakery website, it looks dangerous! Cookies mixes mailed right to my door... Hmmm ha ha

Rebecca said...

Glad to see you, Pamela and "ChaChaneen",...I've missed chatting with both of you and have a lot of catch-up to do on both of your lovely blogs....

Hope you're both having a great week!

Betsy Brock said...

Welcome back to blogland! Your new teapot is beautiful with those graceful lines and yellow roses! Your cookie assortment sounds great...so...how many weeks can you make those packages last? ha-ha...you may have to mail order some before the year is up!

Tess Kincaid said...

Hi Rebecca! You've been missed in the bloggyhood, daaaaling! Looking forward to my regular visits to your charming tea society.

Rebecca said...

Hi Betsy and Willow...I see you have both been as inventive as ever with your wonderful blogs...It's good to be back among friends....

Michael said...

REbecca is back! Whoohoo. Welcome back to the "blog"! Glad you informed me you were back. So ,much has happened since you were gone.

Rebecca said...

Hi M...

Yes, finally back from a long break.. I hope you and your family are well.This summer was way too busy to suit me....However, autumn is near and I'm always happiest in the Autumn and Spring...

Lady Katherine said...

Love the teapot!!! The cookies sound great! Wish I would have know about the Southern Sisters Bakers when I was in Summerville!