Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December Tea of the Month

 
The tea for December is one of my favorite teas for winter in general. A couple of years ago when I was visiting Bath for the first time, I tasted a wonderful blend at the Jane Austen Centre. The server in the tea room informed me that it was one of most popular blends there and I quickly discovered why. The blend is called Russian Caravan and is produced through Gillards of Bath. This tea has a magical quality. It transports the drinker to another place and time. This tea is a heavy blend of  black teas with the addition of Lapsang Shouchong to create the delicious smokiness. The aroma conjures the imagery of gypsies and Eastern Mystics. My mind drifts to caravans of nomadic tradesmen and their wagons of perfumes, herbs, spices, and teas. It is a fine tea to sip alone with a splash of milk and a cube or two of sugar. It's equally at home with a savory meal.

Image from Google " Russian Caravan"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This tea sounds wondeful! You describe the flavor and the feel of the tea so well.