Monday, June 14, 2010

CREATIVE TUESDAYS

( Nevermore: The Raven's Nook- Pen and Ink illustration on Arches cold-pressed watercolor paper)

Here is my Creative Tuesday offering for "Nook"...Granted, it isn't a conventional nook or cranny. However, it is to this 'Raven' who is perched in its own nouveau tree nook. The Raven, by Edgar Allen Poe was of course the inspiration behind the drawing.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

14 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Yes, even ravens need a little nook of their own! LOL! What an original, wonderful idea!

Wanda said...

Hi Rebecca ~~ I'm brand new to your Tuesday Themes and sketches.

I love the dramatic contrast of the black and white.

Zuzana said...

I love ravens, they are such intelligent birds. Also very profound in the Nordic mythology.
Great sketch, so simple, yet so evocative.;)
xo

Kay said...

Your raven is fablous....lovely strong picture.

lissa said...

great drawing and it suits like poem

Anonymous said...

"Never" will there be a poem like that again. Very creative Rebecca. I have been trying to use my computer for drawing, but it will take much practice. You folds got storms too. 3 nights in a row for us. Not really as bad as some, but distracting. Blessings
QMM

La Petite Gallery said...

Rebecca, I am waiting breathlessly
for this post on QM castle..all the good stuff. PS Love clare de lune.

yvonne

Michael said...

you certainly take the biscuit here for an inventive take on nook. Great job, Rebecca. I love it;s simplicity and the fluidness of line. Your BW drawing offer a unique take on the CT themes. I love the dots too. Well, I don;t imagine raven even needing to be cozy, but I am quite sure this one is in the little home you;ve created for him. thank you for doing this. The montage will be up tomorrow with a link back here for others to also enjoy.

Christine said...

what a creative idea, Rebecca!

Michael said...

Rebecca, thank you for visiting. Just wanted to tell you I have corrected the C.T. links now. Sorry about that. Must have been super tired or something. Even my one was wrong as were most in fact. BUT you can visit each other now. Thanks again.

newgiraffecity said...

A very strong graphic image - like it!

None said...

I love it, love it, love it! This is so stunning, but so simple.

Michael said...

How's snack coming along..or are you doing it this time around? I still want to see a B&W lunch palette or something.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful raven. He has such strength and character.